We as humans spend almost a quarter of our lives sleeping. Since sleeping is a very important part of our life it is important to choose a good mattress. Since we have a vast variety of mattresses available in the market, choosing the right one could be tricky. There are a lot of mattress manufacturers available in the market now.
Each brand has a different type and style of mattresses. If you do not have any idea about mattresses then buying them could be a task. This article will help you get a good understanding of mattresses and you will also be able to decide on how much you should spend on a good quality mattress.
If you are looking for a new mattress then you should know that mattresses range from $200 to up to $3000.
How much should you spend on a quality mattress?
The price range of a mattress could make you feel confused. Before you jump into the quality of the mattress you should decide on the budget of the mattress and how much money you are willing to spend for a good quality mattress. Once you have decided that the process is quite easy from there.
If you are on a budget then it is recommended that you should avoid premium mattresses and go for Futon or Foam. If budget is not an issue for you then you can think of switching to a hybrid mattress or a latex mattress. Airbeds could also be a good option in this case. If you are looking for a long-lasting good quality mattress without all the fancy technology then you can simply go for the innerspring mattress. These mattresses are quite comfortable to sleep in and economical in pricing.
What to look out for in a quality mattress?
There are a lot of things that you need to think about before choosing a mattress. Here we have listed down a few of the things which you need to keep in mind while choosing a new mattress.
- Comfort – Before getting the mattress, make sure you check the comfort level of the mattress. If you end up getting a hard mattress you will not find comfort and you might end up with sleepless nights. Make sure the mattress is soft and helps you relax. There are mattress brands available in the market which let people test their mattresses for comfort before purchase. So make sure you look for those options before finalizing your mattress.
- Back support – If you have back problems then this is an aspect that plays a very important role while choosing a mattress. Back support is one of the most important parts of a mattress because it will help you keep your back in the correct position when you sleep. If you buy a mattress that does not have good back support then you might end up with back problems.
- Breathability – Make sure that the mattress you are looking to buy is breathable because during hot summer days if your mattress does not breathe properly you will end up sweating a lot. In the long run, your mattress will start smelling bad. This problem is basically for humid places. If you stay in a cold country then you will not have to worry about the breathability of the mattress. Most mattresses available in the market are breathable.
- Durability – Mattress is something which people use for at least 7 to 10 years. If you are thinking of getting a new mattress make sure to spend some extra money and invest in quality so that they are more durable. Make sure to check the durability of the mattress and ask how much the mattress lasts on average to get a better understanding. Make sure to take a mattress that lasts at least 10 years so that you don’t have to keep worrying about changing the mattress for a long time. Most mattresses in the market come with warranties which make the product much more reliable when it comes to durability.
- Cost – All mattresses come with different price points so make sure you decide on a good budget and then look for all the options available on your budget. There are a huge number of budget mattresses available in the market so make sure you check those options out before choosing the mattress you like. The cost of the mattresses also varies depending on the brand you choose. Always go for a reliable brand when it comes to mattresses because they have competitive pricing and they come with a warranty.
What are the different sizes of mattresses?
When it comes to mattresses three basic sizes are available in all stores. The three mattress sizes are king size, queen size, and single bed size. Almost all big mattress manufacturers manufacture all three sizes of mattresses. The prices of mattresses depend on the size. Single-sized mattresses are generally the cheapest and king-sized mattresses are the most expensive. Make sure you measure your room and the size of your bed before choosing the mattress. The transportation cost of the mattress is not included in the price and is added later depending on the place to be delivered.
Deciding on your mattress budget
Since mattresses come on different budgets it is important to understand which budget will fit you the most. If you are going for a cheap mattress then you should know that you will be getting a cheap quality mattress that will not last long. Cheap mattresses are generally lower than $200. An average good quality mattress will cost around $200 to $600. At this price range, you will be able to get a queen-sized good quality mattress that will be of good quality and last long. If you have a bit more budget you can go for a good quality king-size mattress which will cost around $600 to $900.
If budget is not an issue and you are looking for a premium high-quality mattress then you can look for mattresses from $900 to $2500. These mattresses are built with high-quality products and they come with excellent warranties. These mattresses come with at least 10 years of warranty and some brands offer lifetime warranties as well. Some of the features and comforts available in the mattress are the reason for the high price point of these products.
Types of quality mattresses you can choose from
There are mattresses at different price points and at each price point, the mattresses are built with different products. Some of the popular quality mattresses available in the market are innerspring, foam, hybrid, latex, futon, and airbed. Make sure you try all the different qualities of mattresses before deciding which one to get. All the different types of mattresses come at different price points. The most expensive quality of the mattress is the airbed and the cheapest mattress quality is the futon. If you are looking for a long-lasting mattress try avoiding futons because they don’t last long.
Why should you spend money on good-quality mattresses?
A mattress is something that helps you keep your posture straight and it is important to spend some money or else you might end up sleeping in a bad posture. The mattress helps in providing support to your back and keeps your blood circulation proper when you are sleeping making it quite important. Investing money in a mattress will help you get a good night’s sleep and also avoid any kind of back or shoulder pain in the future. Cheap mattresses don’t last long and are often a waste of money for a lot of people.
When should you replace your mattress?
You should always replace a mattress when it is not comfortable to sleep on anymore. If you are using a futon for more than 5 years then probably it is time for you to change the mattress whereas if you are using a premium mattress with a lifetime warranty then you might never have to worry about changing it. The change of mattress depends on what kind of mattress you are using now. On average a good quality budget mattress will last you at least 10 years before it starts getting hard or uncomfortable to sleep on.
Buying a mattress is a huge decision for a lot of people so it is important to do proper research before going into buying. If you are new to the mattress buying process then this article will surely come in handy. Before getting into the purchasing of the mattress make sure you make a budget for yourself so that you do not end up spending a lot of money on the mattress. Even if you are on a budget make sure you go for the average budget mattresses instead of the cheap ones because they last longer and are quite comfortable to sleep on. If you have a budget of $800 then you will be able to buy a big-sized good quality mattress from any brand you desire. Since there are so many mattress brands available make sure to always go with the reliable ones.
Fan of good quality sleeping and WordPress platform 🙂 Shopping is also my passion, that is why this article was created especially for you. Find out how you can sleep like a king and not overpay.